Create your own story
I have always invented stories for my own enjoyment. I haven’t always written them down, but I loved using my imagination to create people and places that didn’t exist anywhere else, except in my mind.
Telling my stories to others was the next step. Being a storyteller means letting others know your thoughts. You can do this in so many ways:
- Writing it down gives you the opportunity to illustrate it too.
- Simply tell the tale. You can use storyboards, props, costumes, music, and even scenery, if it helps to make it more exciting.
- Record your story. You can add music, and sound effects.
- Create a slide show. Use photographs, drawings, music, and voice-overs.
- Work with a partner, or a team, to create a ‘film’ of your story. You need to work on your characters, dialogue, and settings. For professional results, think through the technical and production aspects.
- Make a cartoon flip book.
- Create a puppet show.
- Make an animated version using an appropriate software package.